Friday, December 30, 2016

Brainwavz M2 in-ear headphones review / Brainwavz M2 vs. 1More triple driver earphones

The Brainwavz M2 are the headphones to go for, if you're looking for comfort and a sound-quality that matches with headphones twice its cost.

First of all, these headphones come with a 2 year warranty and they cost around $50 on Amazon.
I have done sheer damage to these headphones while running and they fell off and came under my feet. I have stretched the wires by stepping on them at times, and they still ran well for 6 months.

The customer service is amazing! They care about their customers a lot. They have replaced and given me completely new pairs twice in 1.5 years. Both the times, the right ear had started to die out.

Having bought at-least 10 pairs of headphones in a year (I return the ones I don't like), the thing I have learned is that no matter how expensive the headphones are, they are useless if they don't fit well or hurt your ears.
The best part is that the Brainwavz M2 are super-comfy. I go to sleep wearing them almost everyday. The ear tips that come by default are soft and fit well. The isolation on these earphones is good, I would say about 65-70% of the acoustic noise is isolated by these. The cable is tangle free and makes no noise rubbing against clothes.

Brainwavz M2 vs. 1More Triple Driver Earphones

I had bought both these headphones about the same time.
I would have to say that, though Brainwavz M2 came for around $50 and the 1More for $100, the M2s give the 1More a tough competition.
The 1More do not fit very well and no matter which of the 10 ear tips they provide are used, they just bulge out of the ears, due to which, I'm not able to sleep on one side wearing them.
The 1More have 3 drivers and at times, you can tell that all the sound is coming from different places in the headphones. This makes them sound quite artificial as you would not want the bass of your guitar coming from a different point and the treble coming from another. It's like all the instruments' treble comes from one place and all of their bass comes from another.
The M2s on the other hand are single driver. They also have a much better bass response because of the excellent isolation they provide.
The clarity of the M2s is comparable with the 1More. The instrument separation is decent and is really good for $50 earphones. Almost at par with the 1More.

For me, the winner is M2s for the comfort, clarity, beautiful sound signature, sound quality, build and the customer service they provide. The 1More just come in a beautiful packaging, but their fit ruins everything. If the 1More came in the build shape of M2s I guess I would buy them again, but the M2s are clearly the winner and my go-to earphones for a few years until I buy custom made earphones or Bose for that matter.

Extra: Custom earphones ($69)
Check out this awesome Kickstarter for custom made earphones that uses AI and photography to match the shape of your ears:
HelloEar

No comments:

Post a Comment